Book Northern Europe, Iceland and Greenland
on a Seabourn Ultra-Luxury Cruise this Summer.
From $3199 USD pp
The Seabourn fleet will be navigating historic waters and vibrant coasts while serving up the region with immersive, hand-selected itineraries and experiential activities for guests to discover local culture, art, architecture, history and natural wonders in marquee ports and hidden gems.
Ventures by Seabourn excursions:
- Active Kayaking
- Zodiac Tours
- Scenic Hiking
- Give you an up-close, intimate perspective on these stunning destinations!
- Shopping with the Chef excursions to learn about regional markets in destinations from Bergen to Dublin and Nuuk to Stockholm.
- Shore excursions to UNESCO World Heritage Sites will feature enhanced content enabled through Seabourn’s official partnership with UNESCO.
- Seabourn Conversations with special guest speakers,
- deck parties, and other memorable onboard events.
Two of Seabourn’s five ultra-luxury vessels focus on Northern Europe in Summer, 2019:
- Seabourn Quest sails a series of adventurous 15-day voyages exploring spectacular scenery and wildlife of the British Isles, Iceland and Norway, including the North Cape. These voyages feature a stellar expedition team offering optional Ventures by Seabourn excursions. The ship’s Europe season will culminate with two three-week cruises highlighting the best of Iceland, Greenland and other North Atlantic isles sailing 21 days from Dover to Reykjavik and then 24 days from Reykjavik to Montreal.
- Seabourn Ovation offers the line’s signature summer staple of seven-day voyages in the Baltic between Copenhagen and Stockholm, including three days in St. Petersburg, Russia. The ship’s schedule also includes several “hidden gems,” including 14-day voyages combing majestic Norway & the North Cape with the British Isles, featuring optional Ventures by Seabourn excursions, and a 14-day southward cruise from Dublin to Lisbon via Paris.
Optional Ventures by Seabourn excursions highlight several cruise itineraries on Seabourn Quest and Seabourn Ovation.
These excursions are led by outstanding and highly-experienced expedition teams that include wilderness experts, scientists, historians and naturalists. Ventures by Seabourn excursions are available for-charge, in select destinations and can be booked in advance by guests. Among adventures waiting for guests to enjoy:
- Exploring Aurlandsfjord: One of the world’s most picturesque fjords, Aurlandsfjord is a branch of Sognefjord, Norway's longest. Deep and narrow, plunging 3,156 feet below the surface and enfolded by nearly 6,000-foot peaks, Aurlandsfjord is a perfect setting for a tranquil and spectacular guided paddle in a double sea kayak. (Available on select voyages on Seabourn Ovation.)
- Storstappen Island by Zodiac & North Cape – Cruise in Zodiacs beneath the dramatic cliffs of Storstappen Island, home to a million puffins, as well as gannets, kittiwakes and sea eagles circling in an exuberant display of nature’s abundance. (Available on select voyages on Seabourn Ovation and Seabourn Quest.)
- Hvalsey Norse Ruins by Zodiac: A UNESCO Partner Tour – Join the ship’s archaeologist on a Zodiac up Qaqortoq’s scenic fjord to the ruins of the Hvalsey Church, where a wedding conducted in 1408 is the last written record of Norse Greenland. (Available on select voyages on Seabourn Quest.)
- Preikestolen/Pulpit Rock Hike: Climb to the top of Pulpit Rock, one of Norway’s most iconic hikes featuring with stupendous views over Lysefjord and the surrounding mountains. (Available on select voyages on Seabourn Ovation and Seabourn Quest.)
- Puffins, Eiders Guillemots: Vigur Island by Zodiac – Charming Vigur has a great reputation among birders. Take a Zodiac ride to the island with your naturalist guide and meet its five hospitable human inhabitants. Walk around among eider ducks, arctic terns, puffins and black guillemots and see Iceland’s only windmill and Europe’s smallest post office. (Available on select voyages on Seabourn Quest.)
Seabourn’s expedition teams are designated to lead adventures in Northern Europe, Greenland and Iceland and includes hand-picked naturalists, archaeologists, photographers, and expedition experts. During each sailing featuring Ventures by Seabourn excursions, team members regularly interact with guests, providing keen insight to deliver a rich holistic travel experience. These fascinating, accomplished experts are part of the Seabourn Conversations program, providing your clients in-depth insights into the history, ecology and culture of the places they visit. On board, their valuable insights are offered both in complimentary formal presentations on a variety of topics and in more casual conversations over meals or at leisure. In addition, the team chronicles their adventures with stories and photos via Seabourn’s Ventures Tracker.
There will be many other opportunities for guests to set foot in and explore Northern Europe throughout summer. Optional shore excursions dotting itineraries include:
- Helsinki Highlights, Porvoo & River Cruise to Haikko – Keep an eye out while passing many of Helsinki’s architectural highlights on a drive to picturesque 14th-century Porvoo, with a guided walk on cobbled streets past historic wooden buildings in Old Town.
- Three-Day Extraordinary St. Petersburg: A UNESCO Partner Tour – Visit the most important landmarks of St. Petersburg and Moscow over three days, starting with a full-day tour of St. Petersburg including Catherine’s Palace, the Peter & Paul Fortress, and the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood. Then it’s on to Moscow via high-speed train for sites including the Kremlin museums, Armory Museum and Red Square.
- Gateway to the Arctic & Cable Car – Enjoy a panoramic view of Historic Tromsø, Norway en route to the immense Tromsø Museum with exhibits on science, archaeology, history and Sami culture. The excursion also includes a view of the huge stained-glass window of the Arctic Cathedral and a cable car ride to a mountaintop for views of the city and its surroundings.
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive cruising vacations are renowned for:
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
- Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering award-winning experiences
- All ocean front suites, luxuriously appointed
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Finest resort at sea that is masterfully designed
- World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Keller
- All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
- Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
- Ventures by Seabourn, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend destination experiences in select destinations.
- Select purposeful and sustainable travel experiences in partnership with UNESCO
- Spa & Wellness by Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program
- An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice, produced exclusively by Belinda King Creative Productions
- Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability
Offer by seabourn